Saturday, July 2, 2016

Week 32 Reflection

Mind Lab Reflection

Over the past 32 weeks I have not only reflected on my own teaching practice, but also myself as a leader.  I have not done any study since completing my teaching degree  several years ago. I have found aspects of this course challenging. It was not quite what I had expected and working full time made it even more challenging. I was the only one from the school I work in completing this course.  I couldn't bounce  around ideas or what what we had been learning.  I did, however, have opportunities to discuss different ideas with people who I was doing this course with. 
Throughout this course, I have confirmed a lot of my owning thinking and practice. As I work in a digital school, a lot of the first half of the course made me reflect on what we as a school are already doing and how advance, we are compared to other schools in my area. 
Criteria 7:
Fully registered teachers promote a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive learning environment.
  • Key indicators:
  • Demonstrate effective management of the learning setting which incorporates successful strategies to engage and motivate ākonga/learners.
  • Foster trust, respect, and cooperation with and among ākonga/learners 
Within my class students have been working collaboratively with others to complete different tasks for their learning.  We have used skype, Edmodo,  and further developed their blogs where they can share their learning with a wider audience. I have looked at more hands on practical tasks such stop motion and green screening. A lot of the tools we were shown were ones that I have been using or have previously used. I have integrated the use of 3d printer as well as coding into aspects of my class program. With the use of a more hands - on approach has motivated the students I teach. 
Criteria 5:
Fully registered teachers show leadership that contributes to effective teaching and learning.
Key indicators:
  • Actively contribute to the professional learning community.
  • Undertake areas of responsibility effectively.
Throughout this course, I gained a better understanding of myself as a leader. I lead e-learning within the school I work at and at times this can be challenging. We run e-learning workshops each Wednesday after school to help develop our teachers and to give them ideas to use with their students. As a leader, you need to know the needs of others and be supportive, as stated  on the educational leaders website 'Leadership is now about empowering, transforming, and working together'. 

Parts of this course were of real interest to me. It has made me  reflect on my own teaching practice, as well as my  leadership skills and what I would like do in the future.   









No comments:

Post a Comment